ViP 722 set Up Message 587 DishCOMM

Rifleman62

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
AZ and WA
I am setting up the receiver (the only receiver I have). I am not going to plug a phone in. It is stuck on message 587; "To continue please connect Broadband or an operational phone line to the receiver and press TEST. To set up DishCOMM network, press DishCOMM."

It is frozen at this point. I do not have anything to add to DishComm, nor can I get a phone line installed. Hard reboot, unpluged from power bar, pluged into wall. No results.

Did not have this with the 522 (never conected to a phone) which I took out of service when I bought the 722. The 722 is on My Equipment Dish webpage as well as HD essentials programming.

Also the webpage says there is no equipment to activate, so i am assuming the 722 is activated.

Will not leave message 587 no matter what I do.

Please help. thanks

You have to activate the box and get a phone line bypass added onto it. To get around that message you can select the "dishcomm" button and once it goes into the screen to setup dishcomm hit the system info button on the front panel. From the system info you can press done and you will go into the acquiring satellite signal screen then you can go into menu.

kilon,

Thank-you. That worked.

looks like I am activated, as I can get some channels. Have to tweek the dish as it is not receiving all channels yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)