VIP-722 - Tech visit tomorrow, receiver #4 this month - help please :-D

Thanks again for all the advice folks! Certainly wouldn't have done this without a positively planted seed regarding heat. Hopefully I'll be much better off now regardless of whether or not it was the cause of my woes. ;-)

n718458803_2204902_296.jpg

Looks good. Hopefully this will be the solution for a while -till the next time you have a hard drive failure. With dvrs it happens quite a lot. Good thing you can add the dish home protection plans as needed and drop it just as fast. It would be quite costly on shipping and handling after a while.

Is your install grounded? If it isn't this will cause reboots and problems.

An improper ground will do this as well. I've been out to a few jobs where the box was replaced multiple times due to this issue, and the second I removed the ground wire from the block, it stopped rebooting. Regrounded the system to the meter panel, and all was fine.

Is this the ground wire on the dish system itself? I've been thinking the ground references were in reference to the outlet, which I recently rewired from the breaker box to the outlet. I don't know much about the workings outside of my remote-controlled options ;-) Truth be told, I have no idea what's going on beyond the coax jacks coming out of my wall. I know they put some gray things on the roof but that's about it. Okay, I'm not that bad but I do have no clue about how it all works.

. . . Some techs are not as knowledgeable as we would like them to be. I had one tell me I could not use an OTA antenna with my 722 after Feb 17!!!! . . .
Scary, isn't it? About three months ago I had an LNB die on me. The tech who came to do the replacement seemed very knowledgeable. He certainly had no trouble replacing the LNB. The new one works perfectly. But as he was leaving, he pointed to my rooftop antenna and told me it would be useless after Feb 17! (I have a 622.)

Scary, isn't it? About three months ago I had an LNB die on me. The tech who came to do the replacement seemed very knowledgeable. He certainly had no trouble replacing the LNB. The new one works perfectly. But as he was leaving, he pointed to my rooftop antenna and told me it would be useless after Feb 17! (I have a 622.)

*shakes head* Guys like that give the rest of us a bad name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)