VIP 722can some of you with

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
722's tell me the range of your signal strength?

i had Dish installed DEC 22nd and when the tech tested indoor signal with a cheapo sd box (test box as he called it) he was getting near 100.

now that my VIP722 is installed i get no more than 60-63 on any sat or transponder,

what is the high and low range for this unit?

thank you very much

Yeah, my signal strength looked like it dropped but the meter is in a different scale than before. Besides, 60+ is a good signal anyways.

are you getting signal issues?

only once....
i went to watcha show i had set to DVR the other night and could not find it,so i looked around in the timers and found it didnt record reason said: something about no signal or something, i had a second program on a different channel at the same time and it recorded fine,

so i went looking at my signal strength and that is when i noticed my signal was way below( number wise) from the test box he had first hooked up.

i have seen signals of 45-50 when it was raining the other day,but during nice weather i have 60+ ,70 (on one occasion)tops.

i remember my directv box would dropsignal at about 45-50,so i figured these boxes(software) just show the signal on a different scale.

thanks guys.

The signal metering software was changed a few months ago and yes 70ish is the top end of the scale. There goal was to get the same metering software on all receivers. Not sure if that ever happened.

I was told by a CSR that the signal meter is about half what it was. So if you have a signal of 25 it equals 50 on the old scale.

Not sure how true this is but it does correspond to roughly what I use to get.

This should resolve the issue. I have a 722 and an old 811. The 722 gets 76 on 119 and 110 and 57 on 61.5. the 811 gets 111 on 119 and 110 and 98 on 61.5. all on transponder 02.
I had two new Dish 500s set up by Dish a week ago and they did an excellent job of fine tuning them. I have never before had such high readings. I live in Pensacola FL but the comparision between the old scale and the new scale should be the final resolution of this discussion for the high end of the scale. Dish says anything above 80 was good on the old scale and any green reading on the bar is acceptable on the new scale. I used to get a 40 green reading on the 722 before the new dishes were installed. I don't know at what number the reading changes to red.

Check them all and see which you receive the best. Some transponders on each sat are not on on. So move to the next transponder. I used tp 02 in my above report. It is good on all three sats that I have. Use 02 and compare to when I reported that I get in my earlier post. Plus where are you located.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)