VIP 922 RELEASE DATE!!!!!!

sehaboo

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
texas
VIP SLING LOADED 922 RELEASE DATE INFO!!!
OK FELLOW SAT FRIENDS I HAVE the date when dish is releasing the 922 rcvr ...(InSiDeR InFo)......we will release the rcvr to the public between 10/15/09 and 11/15/09......glad to let you know your wait wont be much longer for this iptv,sat rcvr,dvr,web browsing....and might i add appable...(will have 3rd party apps like the i-phone.....get ready dish will dominate the industry with this ip active sling loaded stb dvr with a terabyte hard drive...and more than a 1000 hours recording time....eat your heart out direct :up:p

I'll believe it when I see it coming from Scott. Something about a person with 9 posts making this statement makes me want to laugh. Or was t the creative "(InSiDeR InFo)" ...ugh...

sorry to burst your bubble but it is very true....we will release on the posted date and it is a beautiful machine i get one in my house next week....im the very first on the list .....i gotta check for bugs and hang'ups and it will have the new software to support all ip activties full rein with a rcvr activated on a company accnt:)

WOW thats an incredible bandwidth!!!!!

sorry to burst your bubble but it is very true....we will release on the posted date and it is a beautiful machine i get one in my house next week....im the very first on the list .....i gotta check for bugs and hang'ups and it will have the new software to support all ip activties full rein with a rcvr activated on a company accnt:)
WOW thats an incredible bandwidth!!!!!

Who cares if the date is right.... The product isn't ready. Let the suckers get one and deal with the hassle of a half-baked product.

I have a 922 already and in my opinion its not ready for release yet.

And here is my speed test from today (not from July). :)

Awww none of you all gets the 50 meg speed from comcast! :D

Let me ask you a simple question?

Do you work for E* or Dish and get a paycheck directly from Colorado?

If you don't then you really don't know s__t do you?
If you do, then you've just given us information that is grounds for dismissal for you.

Either way, I'd say your information is dubious at least.

Probably because it's a 1TB drive. He has not figured out that Dish reserves a significant portion for it's own use. Also my guess is he calculated it using only SD recording and hasn't even figured the impact of HD or worse yet (OTA HD at MPEG2).

But, of course, he has one so he must know what he's talking about! :)

Well, to his credit he said he hasn't received one yet. But you're right. That must be what he is thinking. Which is wrong. Some have said that the size for personal use on the 922 is the same or smaller than that of the 722k.

Also, as Scott said, I've played with one. It isn't ready...

It's not ready. I have to reboot so often I'm reminded of the 921! How many of us want that again?

I am envious of the internet speeds posted though. Anchorage hasn't caught up to the rest of the country yet. 512K/3MB.

Lowest number so far!!:mad:

But I guess for 0.5mb up and 1.5mb down I'm pretty close.

Last edited:
VIP SLING LOADED 922 RELEASE DATE INFO!!!
OK FELLOW SAT FRIENDS I HAVE the date when dish is releasing the 922 rcvr ...(InSiDeR InFo)......we will release the rcvr to the public between 10/15/09 and 11/15/09......glad to let you know your wait wont be much longer for this iptv,sat rcvr,dvr,web browsing....and might i add appable...(will have 3rd party apps like the i-phone.....get ready dish will dominate the industry with this ip active sling loaded stb dvr with a terabyte hard drive...and more than a 1000 hours recording time....eat your heart out direct :up:p

This DVR doesn't make me want to Jump. Considering a new satellite is going up for Direct in the next thirty days, many of that national HD's they don't have will launch in February and March which is more important than a DVR. I can hook up a External drive that will match the 1TB, so still no big deal. Also I have Sling Pro HD which works fine for me.

Dish has a track record of many software bugs on there systems when they release.

This DVR doesn't make me want to Jump. Considering a new satellite is going up for Direct in the next thirty days, many of that national HD's they don't have will launch in February and March which is more important than a DVR. I can hook up a External drive that will match the 1TB, so still no big deal. Also I have Sling Pro HD which works fine for me.

Dish has a track record of many software bugs on there systems when they release.

Never been a Direct subscriber so I don't know anything about their units. The buggiest unit I've ever owned was the 921, but my the 622 was good and the 722 has been rock solid for me. If they release the 922 early that would be a step backwards, but their latest receivers have been good.

Nuts?

R U nuts to be bragging about D* putting up a new sat when E*just put one up & another scheduled to go up 1st quarter next year? Also E* already supports 1 Tb ext HDD and the one inside the unit is still works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts