VIP 922 says broadband connected but no SLING

rafmex

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Texas
When I go to my broadband setup it shows an IP address and it shows that everything is green and ok, but I cannot access my receiver at all. When I click ok and bring up the little menu at the top of the screen I have no broadband icon saying its green and connected or red and not connected. Nothing shows up. It used to work when I first got it, but now it does not. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is my first post so please be gentle!

Thanks!

Whenever I ran into problems with sling not working I would reset the receiver, I would hope you've tried that cause the only other problem I would think would be with your router.

I've definitely tried that. Could be a router setting, but it's weird that it was working and then not working. In no way am I super computer savvy, but I do know a little bit. I do notice that the IP address showing up on the VIP 922 screen starts in 10.0. Does that make sense? I am guessing it is indeed a problem with router settings. Could be a problem with modem settings as well? Very lost at this point. Tried contacting Dish, but they were little help.

I've definitely tried that. Could be a router setting, but it's weird that it was working and then not working. In no way am I super computer savvy, but I do know a little bit. I do notice that the IP address showing up on the VIP 922 screen starts in 10.0. Does that make sense? I am guessing it is indeed a problem with router settings. Could be a problem with modem settings as well? Very lost at this point. Tried contacting Dish, but they were little help.

Have you had any luck on this issue?? I have the exact same issue, it was working now my 922 receiver does not show up when I lod on from a computer?

Same issue here, I had it working fine on my ipad on Sunday and now it is not working. I have reset the 922 and my router. I even put a direct line from the router to the 922 ( had been through a switch). I went in to the menu on the 922 and broadband connection is good, but I do note that I do not get the green broadband is good on the guide screen. My router is fine as all of my other apps are working okay. was there a firmware upgrade or anything on the 922.

I really dont know what else to do.

This is soooo annoying. Mine
Stopped working today as well and everything shows it's good on the 922 but online it's won't detect it. Once they do this issue, the 922 will be awesome.

IP starting with 10 could be a DHCP problem. My router hands out IP's starting with 192... If the 10 subnet range is correct see if there are any TX and RX packets being sent. This will tell you if DNS is working correctly.

Tell us your IP address, Primary DNS and Subnet mask shown on the settings screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts