Vip local channel guide mixed up channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcj103

Original poster
Jan 10, 2022
Philadelphia
Started this morning, we have two ViP receivers (wife records a lot of network and cable shows, don't ask about getting a hopper)

She noticed this morning that the channel guide was mixed up for local channels, and it's affecting the upcoming timers.

By mixed up, I mean for example the local CBS affiliate, KYW channel 3 (Philly) shows "Judge Mathis" on at 4:00 PM local. Tune to that channel and it's actually showing the correct program, which is news... "Most" other local channels are affected the same way, but not all.

It was also noticed that it seemed to only be for the next couple hours, but those couple hours keep creeping forward, i.e. it wasn't a bump in the road.

Trying the old un-plug reset now, but wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

Same here, Ch 3 CBS has the PBS guide info, Ch 6 ABC has the CBS info, and Ch 10 NBC also has the PBS info. And here silly old me thought things would get better with the change. :no

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Sacramento local HD channels are wrong also.
The SD version of the same local channels display correct.

Started this morning, we have two ViP receivers (wife records a lot of network and cable shows, don't ask about getting a hopper)

She noticed this morning that the channel guide was mixed up for local channels, and it's affecting the upcoming timers.

By mixed up, I mean for example the local CBS affiliate, KYW channel 3 (Philly) shows "Judge Mathis" on at 4:00 PM local. Tune to that channel and it's actually showing the correct program, which is news... "Most" other local channels are affected the same way, but not all.

It was also noticed that it seemed to only be for the next couple hours, but those couple hours keep creeping forward, i.e. it wasn't a bump in the road.

Trying the old un-plug reset now, but wondering if anyone else is seeing this?
My VIP 211k has had a mixed up OTA guide for years now. At one time all of the channels that Dish offered data were correct. For the DVR mode, I use the manual timer.

Funny with Sling tv you can add the air tv anywhere (4 tuners) and your ota antenna and you can get all the guide information using the internet connection. I get everything that is current and if you do get a couple added with no guide data ( like Defy and True Real that were added as sub channels in the last couple of weeks), you can't even view it because it will not be added to your guide. So your guide will be complete with guide period. Now if Sling tv can do this , why not DISH? Same company owns both. I've been saying this for last couple of years since the mistakes in ota guide data weren't being corrected even when you bring it up to them.

I had a similar issue using the OTA dongle. Our local CW affiliate is also owned by the FOX local. When the switch to ATSC 3.0 happened, the guide data for the CW affiliate for ATSC 1.0 was moved and started being hosted by the FOX affiliate. Now, in the guide on the Hopper 3, the FOX and CW affiliates have exactly the same guide data (which happens to be the FOX data). So, we can't create a timer on the CW channel because none of the guide data is accurate. Not sure how to fix it other than getting a new ATSC 3.0 OTA dongle that apparently does not exist.

I had a similar issue using the OTA dongle. Our local CW affiliate is also owned by the FOX local. When the switch to ATSC 3.0 happened, the guide data for the CW affiliate for ATSC 1.0 was moved and started being hosted by the FOX affiliate. Now, in the guide on the Hopper 3, the FOX and CW affiliates have exactly the same guide data (which happens to be the FOX data). So, we can't create a timer on the CW channel because none of the guide data is accurate. Not sure how to fix it other than getting a new ATSC 3.0 OTA dongle that apparently does not exist.
Use TitanTv for guide and set manual timers (PITA).

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)