Vip211 digital audio distortion problems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ITK

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I have a BOSE customer that has a bunch of distortion from the digital audio output on the 211 IRD.
No problem with analog (other then poor dynamic range) or any other components (ie hook up external DVD to BOSE lifestyle 48 via fiber optic and no issues)
Anyone else experience any issues?

thanks

I'm not familiar with the Bose Lifestyle 48.

Is it possible that the Bose only accepts PCM inputs, and the 211 is outputting DD/PCM and you're on a channel/station that is outputting DD?

Just a thought, knowing that the Bose products are less than stellar for this application.

Cheers,

Nope, they do DD and PCM. theyve come a long ways...still tinee sounding but...

No ive been thru all those settings on the 211, rf mode & line mode (those only give preference to voice or effect) DD & PCM, DD only PCM only.
No distortion via composite audio, only thru digital. And E* replaced the IRD once already. I was told by "advanced tech support" (LOL) that they did have some "known" audio issues that would be "fixed" with a software upgrade eta unknown (LMAO).
I just at a total loss.:confused:

ITK said:
Nope, they do DD and PCM. theyve come a long ways...still tinee sounding but...

No ive been thru all those settings on the 211, rf mode & line mode (those only give preference to voice or effect) DD & PCM, DD only PCM only.
No distortion via composite audio, only thru digital. And E* replaced the IRD once already. I was told by "advanced tech support" (LOL) that they did have some "known" audio issues that would be "fixed" with a software upgrade eta unknown (LMAO).
I just at a total loss.:confused:

I've not had any problems with the 211 connected to a Denon Receiver or a Meridian processor via Optical.

I do have an issue with the 211 (wish the running bug thread was still around) sending out only PCM via the HDMI cable.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)