VIP211 Dying, dying, Dead?

smoke

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Have a VIP 211 receiver which has a problem getting progressively worse until this morning when I think it finally died. This is in the bedroom, so doesn't get a lot of use except in the mornings. During the last month it would start to shut itself down and reboot for no reason (not the 3:00 reset). The TV would go to "no signal", then a few seconds later the receiver would shut off. Within about 10-15 seconds it would automatically start itself up and acquire signal. Sometimes this would happen about every 30 minutes, sometimes 10 minutes, some days would work fine for the several hours the TV was on. Kinda like an electrical short -- just intermittent. I checked all the connections and switched wall outlets (the TV power stays on fine). This morning the "no signal" started, download, etc, but would immediately start the shutdown process, over and over. Pulled the plug to reset and even the pulled the receiver card to try and reset. Now I am getting a 981 error for awhile and now just a constant "no signal."

Have a VIP 211 receiver which has a problem getting progressively worse until this morning when I think it finally died. This is in the bedroom, so doesn't get a lot of use except in the mornings. During the last month it would start to shut itself down and reboot for no reason (not the 3:00 reset). The TV would go to "no signal", then a few seconds later the receiver would shut off. Within about 10-15 seconds it would automatically start itself up and acquire signal. Sometimes this would happen about every 30 minutes, sometimes 10 minutes, some days would work fine for the several hours the TV was on. Kinda like an electrical short -- just intermittent. I checked all the connections and switched wall outlets (the TV power stays on fine). This morning the "no signal" started, download, etc, but would immediately start the shutdown process, over and over. Pulled the plug to reset and even the pulled the receiver card to try and reset. Now I am getting a 981 error for awhile and now just a constant "no signal."
Just had one do the same thing. Now, the replacement is dying. Time to call and get it replaced, again.

It sounds like it is doing a boot recovery. How long has this message been on? It should only be 4 hours. If this message has been on longer please send me a PM so that I can further assist you.

Cheri,
I think it did do the boot once already, when I turned the TV got the blue 'no signal". Held the power button for 10 seconds and it went to the boot screen again. ,,,,Just looked and it must have finished, back to no signal.

How do I PM with account info.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts