VIP211 hangs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I have a VIP211 with the EHD option and I have a problem with it.
Sometimes when I am looking at the program guide it freezes and I can't make it move or go back to the program.
If I let it wait for awhile it will unfreeze and it will work ok but it always gets this problem.
Also when I view recorded shows or if I pause a live program they usually freeze also some times I have to turn off the VIP211 to get it to unfreeze.
Does anyone have any idea what in the world is wrong with my VIOP211? I have NOT called for service YET.

Have you rebooted the 211 receiver by unplugging it for 10 seconds? What model EHD do you have? Thanks.

I have a VIP211 with the EHD option and I have a problem with it.
Sometimes when I am looking at the program guide it freezes and I can't make it move or go back to the program.
If I let it wait for awhile it will unfreeze and it will work ok but it always gets this problem.
Also when I view recorded shows or if I pause a live program they usually freeze also some times I have to turn off the VIP211 to get it to unfreeze.
Does anyone have any idea what in the world is wrong with my VIOP211? I have NOT called for service YET.

To determine if the EHD is causing the problem unplug the 211, disconnect the USB cable to the EHD and power down the EHD.

Plug in the receiver and it will convert itself back to being just a plain 211.

Use it for a day or two. If no problems then you know it is the EHD. If you still have problems it is probably the 211. In either case when you plug the EHD back into your existing or new 211 it will download the software and become a DVR again.

If the USB drive is causing a problem time to buy a new drive. One of my 211s is on its third drive in thirty six months. When the EHD goes bad it does cause problems for the 211.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)