VIP211 Internet Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Inside

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
A couple of questions

Does each receiver need it's own connection to my router or do the receivers talk to each other over the power line and only one receiver connected to the router?

Can the receivers connect by wireless, have read there might be a dongle available?

Thanks in advance.

A couple of questions

Does each receiver need it's own connection to my router or do the receivers talk to each other over the power line and only one receiver connected to the router?

Can the receivers connect by wireless, have read there might be a dongle available?

Thanks in advance.
I used to have 3 ViP211 receivers. One was connected to the router via cat5 cable, and the others talked over the power lines to that one. Only one router connection was required, and no phone line. If there is a wireless solution for the ViP211, it must be relatively new.

There is a wireless solution if you have a wireless router. Currently only VIP Duo receivers (722,622,222) have software for it. If you have or get a slinglink adapter it will feed broadband through the electrical system to all VIP receivers. This requires one port on the router and that the slinglink and all receivers be plugged directly into the wall. To answer the other question, the receivers can communicate with each other, but can only share phone that way and not broadband.

Here are the instructions from Dish on using your electrical wiring to connect to broadband, they also show the other options.

Connect To Broadband - DISH Network

The 2nd example titled "Connect using a SlingLink connector" is what you want. After you connect your broadband to the outlet you need to unplug your receivers for 10 seconds.

Dish sells the Powerline Broadband Connector for $30 w/free shipping.

I can not post a direct link because you need to be logged in to find it,

Log into your Dish account->My Account->Order From Store-> Powerline Broadband Connector

Jordan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)