ViP211 - L4.35 Anomaly?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I noticed that L4.35 was in partial release for the 211/411 units, so I went to the system info screen (Menu 6-1-3), and sure enough, it was L4.35.

The problem is, I have a Dish 1000, and the system info check now shows an 'X' for the 129 LNB. It never did that before. I did a check switch after that, and all my satellites were fine. I could tune to any and all the channels on 129, but the system info screen still refused to remove that 'X' from 129.

Is this a problem with my 211, an L4.35 issue, or something that's been around awhile that I didn't know about?

At least once every day I have this problem. When I change channels, the video goes black and an error message pops up to run a check switch. I go to the system info screen and it checks the 3 sats saying reception good. Then the video returns. I did not have this problem with the 4.34 software. Once again, the E* engineers fix one problem and create another. Then you call tech support and they don't have a clue what you are talking about. I'm getting more and more disillusioned with E* each day.

I have this problem on my 722, especially on cloudy days, and NO my dish is aligned perfectly with minimum SS of 39 on TP11. I never loose picture, and check switch turns out fine, even after clearing the matrix. Yet the lost locks are counting up and I get the red X for 129 on the system info screen. So it seems it's not just on the 211 with L4.35, it's on MY 722 introduced with L4.48 too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts