ViP211® and ViP211k® DVR Conversion Feature Now Available to Customers

See post#93.

P. Smith. Your last 2 posts are a bit confusing. You say the service will be available after Nov. 19th. Then the next post says to refer to "post # 93" which has screenshots saying the service is ready to be activated. I was also told by Dish it would be after the 19th. Just looking for a little clarification.

523 is the sw for the 211 not k.

The 211k has different sw update numbers.

If your 211 has 523, you can plug in an USB HD, and you'll get the messages and screens. Call for activation, pay your fee and you are up and running.

If your 211 has 523, you can plug in an USB HD, and you'll get the messages and screens. Call for activation, pay your fee and you are up and running.

Thank you. Any idea what the s/w nos. for vip211k ??

Anybody find out if you'll be able to pause live tv and skip back/forward thru the buffer with the 211?

I am 100% sure that you can do all of the trick modes with the external hard drive attached to the 211 and 211k

I am 100% sure that you can do all of the trick modes with the external hard drive attached to the 211 and 211k

But is there sufficient bandwidth on the USB bus to record more than one HD program at a time to the EHD? It seems like the 211k should be able to record 2 OTA streams and one satellite stream, AND play back a recorded program all at the same time. I kind of doubt that it will be able to.

Not so fast there. I spent an hour talking w/Dottie over in India and nothings happening until 11/19.

That's my question, too. When they rolled it out for the 622 it was explained to me that it was a one time only fee that applied to the account. The $40 I paid a year (or whatever) ago should cover this as well. *grump*

I just asked this question to a rep in a live chat window, the response:

Rep: Thank you. One moment.
Rep: Actually the 622 external hard drive (EHD) fee and the 211 external hard drive fee are 2 seperate one time fees as the functionality of the EHD on each receive is different in this case.
Rep: The 622 using this for additional storage and the 211 uses this as its primary hard drive
Me: Ok, so there would be two seperate charges of $39.99 to activate both?
Rep: Correct.

Not so fast there. I spent an hour talking w/Dottie over in India and nothings happening until 11/19.
No. you can't pay the forty dollars and get activated until then but the 211s have the software and will give you the message Smith showed. The 211k is still awaiting the software upgrade.

IE:

Step one, software is updated.

Step two, you can plug in a drive and see the message about "activating" by calling Dish.

Step three, you call Dish and get activated.

OK. step one is done for 211 so you can do step two. But step three isn't possible for four more days. And step one isn't yet done for 211ks.

Helpful hint: Don't call dish until you can do step two. If that doesn't work there is nothing Dish can do for you. You just have to keep your receiver powered up but turned off over night until the software gets downloaded.

No. you can't pay the forty dollars and get activated until then but the 211s have the software and will give you the message Smith showed. The 211k is still awaiting the software upgrade.

IE:

Step one, software is updated.

Step two, you can plug in a drive and see the message about "activating" by calling Dish.

Step three, you call Dish and get activated.

OK. step one is done for 211 so you can do step two. But step three isn't possible for four more days. And step one isn't yet done for 211ks.

Helpful hint: Don't call dish until you can do step two. If that doesn't work there is nothing Dish can do for you. You just have to keep your receiver powered up but turned off over night until the software gets downloaded.
Second Helpful hint: Don't call dish untill officall date ! Or you'll endup owning $40 to innocent owner ( what I did rushing to answer your questions ). :(

My 211 does not have the upgrade yet. Should I get it before Nov 19? I already plugged in the hard drive, but do not have the software yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)