VIP211 spontaneous reboot

T34ME

Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
Youngsville, NC
Hello gang. First, I've reviewed the old threads searching for the solution to this problem. I thought I had found my solution with the discussion from several years ago of going from L524 to L525. I'm at L576 and the unit just reboots many times throughout the day. (The wifey is really tired of it now) The VIP211 runs the TV downstairs, does not have an EHD, and is connected to ethernet. Not that it matters for this question, but upstairs I'm running two separate TV's on a 722, which was a upgrade from an overheating, worn out 622. Everything owned.

Any ideas on what could be causing this constant reboot? I get that it's old, but so am I kind of. Suggestions much appreciated.

I have had more than one of the original (silver-colored) ViP211 receivers start to fail this exact same way. Keep in mind that this model was more than ten years old at the time that I was having my problems, and they would now be more than 14 years old. The reboots just continue to get more frequent, until it gets to the point where the receiver has trouble booting up at all. You may start to see the "Boot Recovery" screen come up on its own (this screen takes a long time to go away before the receiver finally boots) or it may get to the point where it will only output a black screen with no audio. My solution was to upgrade to slightly newer ViP211k model receivers. I have not had one of those fail yet. If you are interested, send me a private message, and I can make you a deal to send you a purchased ViP211k that I rarely use. I am cutting back on the number of Dish receivers that I have cluttering up my closet, and I am always glad to help out a fellow SatelliteGuys member. :)

Reactions: Juan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)