ViP211 vrs ViP211k ?

Dovetails

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I appoligize if this has been addressed before but I'm ready to add an additional HD receiver and wondered if there is any difference between the 211 & 211k (other than color), is one newer and more reliable than the other? I assume the 'k' model is the latest... did the 211 have issues or is it just a natural model change and they still have some of the older receivers to clear out.
Also, when a person is upgrading to HD like I currently am, do you normally have a choice between these two units? The reason I ask is my local dealer said they couldn't gaurantee which model that Dish would send them. I kinda would prefer the black unit, and wanted to check to see if my dealer was being honest with me.

Thanks in advance.

Push for the 211K. I just got a defective 222 replaced with a 222k, and it had the new style learning remote. I also like the black color, and the HDTV symbol lights up in blue. (Just looks cooler) I would guess it would be the same for the 211K.
I think they are also better for the OTA tuner stuff, which I don't really mess with, because I am to far away from the broadcast towers.

I appoligize if this has been addressed before but I'm ready to add an additional HD receiver and wondered if there is any difference between the 211 & 211k (other than color), is one newer and more reliable than the other? I assume the 'k' model is the latest... did the 211 have issues or is it just a natural model change and they still have some of the older receivers to clear out.
Also, when a person is upgrading to HD like I currently am, do you normally have a choice between these two units? The reason I ask is my local dealer said they couldn't gaurantee which model that Dish would send them. I kinda would prefer the black unit, and wanted to check to see if my dealer was being honest with me.

Thanks in advance.

Kinda funny- your thinking as I did when I bought a 211K. Normally in the electronics area the "K" just means it's a black unit. But not so with Dish and their way of thinking:rolleyes:. The 211K is considerably smaller than the original 211. Which in my situation was a real plus. I hooked up a EHD to it and it has been working great for the past month.
Also, I don't remember if the original 211 had a fan in it or not but the 211K only uses convection cooling thru the top.
Gerry

I think they are also better for the OTA tuner stuff, which I don't really mess with, because I am to far away from the broadcast towers.
Aaah. There is a big difference between the 211k and the 222k (other than 2 sat tuners). The 222k might come without the OTA module. Or if it comes with it, then there are two OTA tuners rather than the 1 built-in on the 211k. So, what I'm saying is that the 211k probably has the same OTA tuner capabilities as the 211 (though I don't know that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)