VIP211K and Samsung TV RU7100F?

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
We just bought a new TV and even though VIP211K shows up on the SAMSUNG menu when setting up the TV, the Samsung remote won't recognize the DISH system. Is it worth trying to fix or just continue to do what we've done for years, use the DISH control?

We just bought a new TV and even though VIP211K shows up on the SAMSUNG menu when setting up the TV, the Samsung remote won't recognize the DISH system. Is it worth trying to fix or just continue to do what we've done for years, use the DISH control?

Hey gittist, were you trying to control the Dish box with your Samsung remote? Our Dish remote should be able to control the power and volume at least of your Samsung TV, but we don't have a way to make the Samsung remote control the Dish box.

- Phoenix

Hey gittist, were you trying to control the Dish box with your Samsung remote? Our Dish remote should be able to control the power and volume at least of your Samsung TV, but we don't have a way to make the Samsung remote control the Dish box.

- Phoenix
Yes. I've got the DISH remote programmed that it works the volume and on/off for the TV. When setting up the TV it asks about the satellite box, and even after inputting the Model number and manufacturer, the SAMSUNG remote won't work with the VIP211K.

I don’t recall hearing of any TV remote operating Dish equipment. I mean, you could teach a learning remote, but out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

My minimal buttoned remote for a Samsung 65” 4K tv can change channels of my H3 and can operate the simple controls Like the lower menu bar(stop playback,record...etc). My guess is through hdmi-cec.

Reactions: HipKat
I don’t recall hearing of any TV remote operating Dish equipment. I mean, you could teach a learning remote, but out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.
Samsung Remotes work the Hoppers and Joeys as does the smart remote for my LG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)