ViP211k died, replacement has embedded card...

Are you trying to get the Flex Pak? sounds like the receiver you purchased from eBay, has a embedded G3, it will prompt the system for G4 smart card, for Flex Pak
and as he said in his last post they are sending him the new card and he will be up in a few days.

Was asking him the question, other people on the site can find themself in similar situation, not everyone can get card mailed out to them
Yeah, he never once said he was activating to a Flex Pack account. I noticed it in the DISH reply to him regarding sending him a new G4 card. That made it all make sense. Flex Pack will only work if you have a G4 card, not the embedded one. The main thing is, at first, it sounds like they were trying to sell him one and that should be free....

Reactions: pattykay
Guess the other thing that I'm confused about is their inability (apparently) to link the internal embedded card to my subscription.

Replacement receiver works, but only for a very few channels.
Out of curiosity, what channels were you getting with the replacement receiver, just the free preview channels?

Was asking him the question, other people on the site can find themself in similar situation, not everyone can get card mailed out to them
If anyone else does find themselves in a similar situation, I would be willing to do a trade with them. I have some deactivated purchased ViP211k's with the G4 card already installed. Besides the G4 card being required for Flex Pack, the difference between the white G4 card and the older (purple or built-in) G3 card is that receivers with the G3 card that have been activated on an account will continue to work for free preview channels, even after the receiver is deactivated. Receivers with the G4 card will not continue to work for free preview channels after they are deactivated. This makes the G3 card receivers more useful for my purposes, until Dish eventually stops supporting that card model entirely.

Out of curiosity, what channels were you getting with the replacement receiver, just the free preview channels?

If anyone else does find themselves in a similar situation, I would be willing to do a trade with them. I have some deactivated purchased ViP211k's with the G4 card already installed. Besides the G4 card being required for Flex Pack, the difference between the white G4 card and the older (purple or built-in) G3 card is that receivers with the G3 card that have been activated on an account will continue to work for free preview channels, even after the receiver is deactivated. Receivers with the G4 card will not continue to work for free preview channels after they are deactivated. This makes the G3 card receivers more useful for my purposes, until Dish eventually stops supporting that card model entirely.
It sounds like he has the Flex Pak, receiver died, purchased one with embedded G3 smart card off eBay, activated it on his account, only gets free channels, that's what happen when you activate G3 on Flex Pak