ViP211k External HD DVR upgrade questions

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys,

I just bought a 1TB external HDD for $170 :) and want to connect it to my ViP211k

I have some questions, if any of you can shed light:

1) I understand you have to pay to activate DVR on the ViP211k - do I pay monthly or a one-off payment?

2) Do I need to leave the rcvr on the activation message (that appears when I plug the HDD in) to activate, or can I close it and still get it activated?

Thanks guys!

One time, about $40.

You can have several EHDs. Each will want to be formatted. Activation is independent of this. Doesn't matter if there is a message onscreen when they activate it on your account.

One time, about $40.

You can have several EHDs. Each will want to be formatted. Activation is independent of this. Doesn't matter if there is a message onscreen when they activate it on your account.

Thanks navychop, that might be the fastest response (for one of my posts) yet!

Just checking, EHD = External Hard Drive?

Thanks again!

One time, about $40.

navychop

I have an active EHD on my account, will that previous fee cover the EHD I might put on a 211??

Thanks,
Chris

One $39.99 fee for the 211/211k dvr software,no matter how many you have on your account. A separate $39.99 fee for the external hard drive archiving feature for the 622/722/722k/922 receivers. Two different fees for two different things.

One $39.99 fee for the 211/211k dvr software,no matter how many you have on your account. A separate $39.99 fee for the external hard drive archiving feature for the 622/722/722k/922 receivers. Two different fees for two different things.

Can an external hard drive be used on both 622 and 211k receivers ?

Or do they have to be separate drives ?

In other words, can I record something on 622, transfer it to EHD and then connect that EHD on a 211k - or vice versa ?

All this assuming that I have paid both fees.

Can an external hard drive be used on both 622 and 211k receivers ?

Or do they have to be separate drives ?

In other words, can I record something on 622, transfer it to EHD and then connect that EHD on a 211k - or vice versa ?

All this assuming that I have paid both fees.

No, they record data in different ways to the hard drive. If you try and move a hard drive that you recorded a program onto from a 211k to a 622 it'll try and format the drive and will not read it. The same applies in reverse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)