ViP211z freezes on playback

brlr2000

Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
Boulder City, NV
I have a ViP211z with Winegard Pathway X2 dish for several months..no problem, but recently, I began noticing that the DVR playback would freeze and jump with some pixelation. When starting a DVR program, it can take up to a minute to actually start the playback. Also, the receiver is slow in responding to other remote commands on occasion (new batteries). When scrolling through the guide (up or down...or side to side), after 5-10 clicks, I have to wait a few seconds before continuing.

Have you tried a power reset? Have you tried a different hard drive?
I've tried multiple power resets. I haven't tried a new hard drive yet, because some of the problems don't seem to be reaalted to the DVR. All problems started at the same time. When scrolling with remote, receiver doesn't seem to catch up very fast to the key commands. Something else I just noticed...I switched my resolution from 480 to 720 and 1080...then I started seeing some glitches in live tv mode. It almost seems like the RAM isn't keeping up (Is there RAM in the receiver)???

OK, I unplugged the EHD, and restarted. Everything worked good. Then plugged EHD back in and restarted. Back to same problem. I ordered a new Hard Drive.

Yes, I think your defective hard drive was just dragging down the receiver processor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)