VIP211Z questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Analoguy

Original poster
Mar 29, 2021
Georgia
Greetings everybody. My parents have Dish service in their rural home, have had it for years. There is a problem with the way the picture displays on the TV screens. On many channels, the picture seems to be "too large" to fit the TV screen......the edges are "cut off", top and bottom, left and right. I can't really tell if this is on all channels or just some of them. I thought maybe this was an HD display issue, but can't really seem to nail it down.

I have tried to use the "Format/*" feature on the remote, but that doesn't help much. In every combination, the picture is still too large to fit the screen. I've searched thru the TV display options, hoping to find a "fit to screen" option, no luck there, either.

The Dish Receivers are both VIP211Z and appear to be very old (at least in "technology years"). One TV is an RCA that's about 2 years old, the other is an Emerson, maybe five years old. Using proper HDMI cables on both set-ups.

Any ideas? Replace the receivers with something more modern?

Thanks Gang for reading along.

AG

Greetings everybody. My parents have Dish service in their rural home, have had it for years. There is a problem with the way the picture displays on the TV screens. On many channels, the picture seems to be "too large" to fit the TV screen......the edges are "cut off", top and bottom, left and right. I can't really tell if this is on all channels or just some of them. I thought maybe this was an HD display issue, but can't really seem to nail it down.

I have tried to use the "Format/*" feature on the remote, but that doesn't help much. In every combination, the picture is still too large to fit the screen. I've searched thru the TV display options, hoping to find a "fit to screen" option, no luck there, either.

The Dish Receivers are both VIP211Z and appear to be very old (at least in "technology years"). One TV is an RCA that's about 2 years old, the other is an Emerson, maybe five years old. Using proper HDMI cables on both set-ups.

Any ideas? Replace the receivers with something more modern?

Thanks Gang for reading along.

AG
I am using the same old technology, but the vip211k and it fits the screen fine. Could something be out of adjustment on the TV? I found that out the hard way some years back. I messed around with the 211k and I found it was fine, but the TV set was on Zoom.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am using the same old technology, but the vip211k and it fits the screen fine. Could something be out of adjustment on the TV? I found that out the hard way some years back. I messed around with the 211k and I found it was fine, but the TV set was on Zoom.
U Da MAN! that was exactly the problem---on both TV's, they were both set to zoom mode. Weird how that happened. I had to dig thru menu's of buttons I hadn't tried before on the TV remotes and eventually found zoom/normal mode.

Thanks for help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)