VIP211Z Tailgater HDMI to Coax Converter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Corbins

Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
Colorado
I have the VIP211Z and I need the output to hook into the coax on the back of my TV. I would assume I would need a HDMI to Coax Converter or USB to Coax Converter, right? Where I will hook my receiver up to the tv only has coax. Any converter recommendation with brand and model is greatly appreciated. I hope Amazon Prime sells it. :)

Second question. I have the Smart Pack for my Tailgater. I was told I would get HD programing on my local (Denver) channels. I don't think it is coming through in HD. Thoughts?

You will need an RF modulator to convert the yellow, white and red outputs on the 211Z to channel 3 or 4, which will be standard definition only.

They are right. You will get NO HD over coax. Are you saying that you have an HD TV without an HDMI or DVI connection? I don't think those existed. What model TV is it?

I have the Smart Pack for my Tailgater. I was told I would get HD programing on my local (Denver) channels. I don't think it is coming through in HD. Thoughts?
As noted by others, the coax output would be SD, but it would down-convert HD channels. Are you saying that the HD feeds do not show up in your guide at all?

I put this in my RV when traveling. The receiver goes on a shelf (installed by manufacture) that is in a different location than the TV. I have to hook the receiver output to a wall coax which takes the signal to the TV. That's why I need to do it this way. It's a space issue in my RV (camper). Now, when I'm home, I take the Tailgater out onto my patio and hook an HDMI cable from the receiver to the 60" TV. I can tell I'm not getting HD. I know I have the cheapest package DISH offers which might not include HD on most cable channels. I was told by DISH when I signed up that my local channels come in HD. Well they are not showing up in HD. Should they?

It depends on your market. If your HD locals do not come on 110/119/129 then you will not get HD locals. What is your home market(there is not an HD add on for welcome or smart pack)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)