VIP222 and 625 question

bighick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Omaha, Ne
Firs t off, first time Digital TV, HDTV user. Just got a dish1000 with a vip222 and 625? DVR. Coulple questions,
1. On the vip222 I have an antenna mounted above my sat and when I plug it into my TV it is widescreen and HD but when i plug it into my OTA plug on my vip222 its not widescreen and I cant tell if it is HD to be honset with you. All of my Dish HD channels are widescreen which is why i think i have a problem. Is there a way to see what my Dishnet is putting out? Any ideas?

2. on the 625 DVR it is really loud even when not recording or watching recorded programs. I have it in dual mode and would like to disable user2 from being able to record anything is this possible?
My tv is a 42" LCD Dynex 1080p from bestbuy (cant link until 15 posts).

2. on the 625 DVR it is really loud even when not recording or watching recorded programs. I have it in dual mode and would like to disable user2 from being able to record anything is this possible?
My tv is a 42" LCD Dynex 1080p from bestbuy (cant link until 15 posts).

Unfortunately there is no setting to do this. The easiest way would be to get a TV2 remote from a NON DVR Dish receiver (such as a 322), and take away the one that came with the receiver. That way there would be no DVR function buttons. They could still access the DVR functions through the Menus, but I'm guessing it is your kids you're trying to keep from mashing the buttons and recording everything hehe. If you still have the manual from your receiver, look up instructions on how to set TV 2 to "Limited Mode"... if that doesn't do it for you on the original remote, it will work on a 322 receiver remote control.l

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)