VIP222 ONLY WORKS AT TIMES!!HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryce600rr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
i have a vip722 upstairs and a vip222 downstairs.. my vip722 has worked flawlessly since installed.. i have to reset my 222 almost everyday:mad: it will work fine all day then it seems it only happens at night.. i will turn the tv off and then later go to watch it again it will come on sometimes with no picture just sound and a black screen, sometimes with no sound or picture.. when i reset my 222 and it goes through the downloading channels session and then works perfect for a while.. i know this is not right.. does anyone know what the problem might be?? bad reciever? bad connection outside? all the connections inside are good. i checked 3 times..
please help.. i have not even had dish a week and it is starting to look like i made a bad choice...
thanks
BP

I believe what you are experiencing is the norm for the 622, I had 2 before my dealer replaced it with a 722 and they were nothing but constantly having to be rebooted

Bob

that sucks.. if it keeps it up i am going to call dish and raise a little hell with em...

BP

How is your TV connected to your 222?
I have heard about problems with the HDMI connection on some of the VIP series with symptoms like the ones you are describing.

call dish and ask about the new 222k it is a updated receiver
will the 222k work with my 722 upstairs internet wise?? they old me that the 222 would communicate with the 722 if i had the 722 hooked to the internet, it doesn't . how do i know if i have the 222 of the 222k.. they told me i had the newest stuff.. i have only had it a couple weeks.. they probably tell everybody that.. would the 222k be a free upgrade?? thanks for your help..

And the 222k has an optional dual OTA tuner module, IIRC.

Either a 222 or 222k should work through your 722 using the HomePlug feature. But I think that is another problem and (probably) unrelated to the 222 needing a daily reset. You definitely need to call technical support and see if they can diagnose the problem. My wag is that they will be shipping you a new 222.

Do you have any timers set on the 222 for 3AM?

Funny I've had the same problem, 722 upstairs no problem and I had a 211 downstairs and problems, changed to a different 211 still problems, changed to a 612 and better but still problems.

Are you using a DP44 switch?

I had the same problem with my 222. These units run extremely hot so make sure it has adequate ventilation. Since I own my 222 I mounted a small computer fan inside the case and I've had no lock ups since.

Funny I've had the same problem, 722 upstairs no problem and I had a 211 downstairs and problems, changed to a different 211 still problems, changed to a 612 and better but still problems.

Are you using a DP44 switch?
dont know what a DP 44 switch is..
i changed the updates to like 5am and i cant get the homeplug feature to work on my 222.. when i search for it on my 722 it cant find it.. also what is the dual OTA tuner module... sorry i am very new to this stuff...

I've had a VIP222 for some time. Sounds like you may have a bad one. Call DISH and have them send out a new receiver.

For the heat issue, you can spend the money for a fan, BUT, I used 4 Lego blocks under the feet,one under each foot-have not had an issue with heat in the 222 since-thanks son :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)