Vip222

birdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Hello everyone. Recently new DISH viewer. Finally released from the holds of cable. I have a HD VIP222 in the front room. The installer put everything together. Looks good. however I get a message 061 on the screen. And it will not leave. Says it is downloading new updates but it has been doing this since it was installed.

I think my wife called and we are getting a new box sent, overnight. Just curious as to if this issue has raised its ugly head before.

Hello everyone. Recently new DISH viewer. Finally released from the holds of cable. I have a HD VIP222 in the front room. The installer put everything together. Looks good. however I get a message 061 on the screen. And it will not leave. Says it is downloading new updates but it has been doing this since it was installed.

I think my wife called and we are getting a new box sent, overnight. Just curious as to if this issue has raised its ugly head before.

Have you tried un-plugging it, then plugging it back in and waiting for everything to re-set and then download the guide info? This will take some time, so be patient.

Have you tried un-plugging it, then plugging it back in and waiting for everything to re-set and then download the guide info? This will take some time, so be patient.

Yes we did and the screen comes back with the exact same message, immediately. And the display is a very archaic font like looking at a terminal screen.

Most likely your receiver doesn't want to take the software update. Good thing that another receiver is on its way.

One more thing to try:

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch. (Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check Switch)
Reboot the receiver (unplug power)
Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Most likely your receiver doesn't want to take the software update. Good thing that another receiver is on its way.

One more thing to try:

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch. (Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check Switch)
Reboot the receiver (unplug power)
Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

I assume you mean on the other receiver? When the message 061 comes up, I cannot do anything currently on my Vip222. It is stuck at that screen.

Good news though is that the box arrived today. I assume I can install it on my own? The installer did it the other day for me.

"I assume you mean on the other receiver? When the message 061 comes up, I cannot do anything currently on my Vip222. It is stuck at that screen. "

No, I mean on the bad receiver. What happens if you hit MENU? If nothing happens, just remove that receiver and setup the new one. Connect the satellite feed and run check switch and then call Dish Network to activate.

"I assume you mean on the other receiver? When the message 061 comes up, I cannot do anything currently on my Vip222. It is stuck at that screen. "

No, I mean on the bad receiver. What happens if you hit MENU? If nothing happens, just remove that receiver and setup the new one. Connect the satellite feed and run check switch and then call Dish Network to activate.

Yep, I cannot go anywhere on the bad receiver. I will just install the new one. Thanks again for all the information. Seems to be a very helpful and informative forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts