vip222k has difficulty receiving the remote

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
the remote has to be about 10 feet or less before the main remote signal is received. the second remote for the second wireless channel does not have problems. I have tried cleaning the surface of the remote and the unit but that hasn't helped. I think it worked better before but it has gradually deteriorated.
does anyone have any clue as to troubleshooting this problem. only thing I have done is moved the chair closer to the unit. chas

If this is for TV #1, there may be IR interference which can be caused by direct sunlight, fluorescent lighting etc. You can see if covering the sensor with a small piece of paper on the front panel helps.

the remote has to be about 10 feet or less before the main remote signal is received. the second remote for the second wireless channel does not have problems. I have tried cleaning the surface of the remote and the unit but that hasn't helped. I think it worked better before but it has gradually deteriorated.
does anyone have any clue as to troubleshooting this problem. only thing I have done is moved the chair closer to the unit. chas
Did you change the batteries?

Reactions: bspei
ok, did some testing. night time, no apparent problems. 25' and no problems. then in daytime I put a piece of paper sticking out about 4 inches from the unit right under the sensor. that helps. we have hard wood floors and there may be a reflection from the floor competing with the direct input from the controller. but that's a guess on my part. I don't understand putting a piece of paper over the sensor. I have changed batteries several times. these are new everready aaa batteries. best buy store is about 100 miles from here. do you think that would be a real solution? thanks. chas

What about Walmart? Basically anywhere that sells electronics.

In this case, it doesn't sound like your batteries at all. You have IR interference, and your best solution would be to just change the remote to a UHF remote.

Reactions: JSheridan
You're right that it is only select Walmarts, but everyone I have been to has them. I do agree with the purchase online option. Honestly, I would purchase everything online unless I needed it immediately. I would also call dish and see if they'll send me a free one first. They send out 21.1's in his case

I had to get a 21.1 ir/uhf pro from dish when one of my controllers was dead. so this is also a uhf controller? can I switch it from ir to uhf? will look at my manual and see if I can convert it. thanks. chas

Yes. There is a switch in the battery compartment you switch to either IR or UHF. I believe it comes out in UHF already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts