VIP222K problem

larry2506

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hello -

Lately, I've been having an odd problem with either my VIP222K, my Vizio HDTV or both.

When I turn on the TV and the Dish receiver is in "screen saver" or "power save" mode (getting the floating message on the screen) I hit "OK" and all is well.

If I turn off the set, and come back later and turn it on, the Dish receiver is dead, but only through that particular HDMI input.

The TV works fine on the other inputs (BluRay, Cable, Antenna, DVD Recorder) and I can view the Dish receiver output from the DVD Recorder. Sometimes the Dish programming comes back after a few minutes; usually not. If I turn off the set for a half minute or so, and turn it back on, the picture and sound are restored.

I've swapped HDMI cables and inputs. Thinking it's a handshake problem between the TV and the Dish box. Any thoughts? Thanks.

It does sound like a handshake problem. Do any of the lights on your receiver come on when you attempt to power it on? I'd recommend trying component cables, since there are some known issues with HDMI cables.

The lights on the front of the box are all on. Also, I have the same issue whether I'm in single or dual mode.

I'll try the component cables. Just seemed odd that all was well for about a year, and then the problem cropped up. Thanks for the reply.

Vizio is INFAMOUS for handshake problems with a number of peripherals including Blu-rays and you name it. Upon seeing yet another Vizio in the return area at my Costco, I asked an employee standing next to it if Vizio is still the most returned TV for Costco--our location, at least, and he said "YUP!" You may have to do what so many others have: take it back and get a different brand. Or buy all new peripherals that will handshake with Vizio TV's. For your sake, I hope not.

It's just odd that it began all of a sudden. My BluRay works fine, as does a DVD/Hard Drive Recorded that uses an HDMI hookup.

It's just odd that it began all of a sudden. My BluRay works fine, as does a DVD/Hard Drive Recorded that uses an HDMI hookup.

It is not odd; it's a Vizio :), and some of them start to have major problems, or even die, just past 18 months. Google it.

Just look around !

It is so interesting looking around our repair shop, the preponderance of brand names do change over the years 3 / 4 years ago we had maybe twenty five LG's waiting in line ! now we see NONE ! Vizio is the biggest piece of crap out there - 28 of them sitting now, most people would be surprised that the next largest brand in for repair is Sony:eek:, they also had a large run of 40" sets that had terrible resolution. FYI, The trade publications still compare the 50" and 60" Pioneer's & their Elite series, as the highest picture standerd [virtuly no failures also]. And they have not been in production for 2 1/2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts