VIP222K remote control

Ronk109

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Southwest,Fl
Does anyone know the code numbers to program a universal remote to control the Dish Network VIP222K receiver.I have so many controls and would like to use one of them for the sat. receiver....... Anyone??:eek:

VIP222K remote

Thank You, I will check it out. Got to get a remote to work the VIP222K receiver. :) I'll go through the 6 pages in a quest to find the rightcodes. LOL :)

Thank You, I will check it out. Got to get a remote to work the VIP222K receiver. :) I'll go through the 6 pages in a quest to find the rightcodes. LOL :)

You need the universal's equipment code list, not the Dish remote's. Better yet, get a Harmony.

I've also got a Harmony and its great but if $$$ is a problem you can't beat the SONY RM-VL600 for $25. It can learn any IR device and can also be programmed to do a series of commands at the same time--i.e., turn on & off TV/sat receiver/AV receiver. I got mine at Walmart but haven't seen them there lately.
Hope this helps.

Ed

Even the bottom line Harmony's (around $50.00) will do a great job. I have a 525 I picked up on an Ebay sale for $30 a year ago and it's great. Also, look for refurbs.

Thank you for the information. I tried a Philllips Universal remote because it had listed Dish Network and Dish Pro. tried all codes nothing worked. will search out your suggestions. Thanks again. Ronk

The Dish receiver and remote have 16 different channels that they can use for communication.

Be sure your receiver is set to channel 1 for remote operation, otherwise NONE of the universal remotes will work with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)