VIP222K Swap TV1/TV2 Controls/Input

usafdavis

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Texas
Hey all,

I've never dealt with satellite before and am helping my dad set up his new entertainment setup and have hit a wall that I'm stuck on.

He has a VIP222K receiver in his bedroom. Before I started the bedroom TV was #1 on composite (HD) and the living room TV was #2 on coax (SD). I've run an HDMI cable to the living room and have that now as TV #1 and the bedroom on RCA as TV # 2. Everything works like a charm but the controls are switched and we can't control the receiver from the living room. Is there anyway to have the receiver use the HD as TV #2 and the SD as TV #1? I know you can't do two HD outputs and that's fine, I just need to switch the controls.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

you need to swap the tv1/tv2 remote keys then readdress the remotes to the receiver. here is a PDF that should help you out with that. hope it helps if not contact one of the DIRT members, they are listed in red at the bottom of the main forum page.

Hey all,

I've never dealt with satellite before and am helping my dad set up his new entertainment setup and have hit a wall that I'm stuck on.

He has a VIP222K receiver in his bedroom. Before I started the bedroom TV was #1 on composite (HD) and the living room TV was #2 on coax (SD). I've run an HDMI cable to the living room and have that now as TV #1 and the bedroom on RCA as TV # 2. Everything works like a charm but the controls are switched and we can't control the receiver from the living room. Is there anyway to have the receiver use the HD as TV #2 and the SD as TV #1? I know you can't do two HD outputs and that's fine, I just need to switch the controls.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

Hi and :welcometo Sat Guys! If the receiver is still in the bedroom but you have connected the living room via HDMI then you have mirrored the TV1 in the living room and will need to switch the TV2 remote to a TV1 UHF remote to be able to change the channels on the receiver in the other room.

Are both TV's HD? Do you want to move the receiver to the living room to make it TV1 (HD) at that location and SD in the bedroom. If you would like to PM me with your Dad's account information I can see if there is an easy way to accomplish what you are looking to do as you cannot make TV2 HD with out moving the receiver or mirroring TV1 at that location and you will probably require another UHF remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)