VIP612 Error 739 from OTA channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

opus902

Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I have been getting Error 739 messages on one of my local channels but can't figure out what is causing it. My signal strength is good (70-80%). If anyone knows a way to fix this, that would be great.

Thanks

:)Do what we call a Front Panel Reset. Hold the power button for 10 seconds and release, that will reset your receiver. How often do you turn your receiver off, meaning the green light out?

The receiver (green light) is off every night until the next night's prime time lineup. I don't watch much TV during the day (at work) so it is primarily for evening viewing and I usually have to turn on the receiver when I get home from work. I will try to reset it and see if it helps tonight.

dish needs an option for display/disable of every error message that the damn box can spit out..

/rant on

I don't want to watch (there was signal loss) no matter how bad the signal is/was.. I don't care that I switched to TV on my remote..

My new favorite was during a heavy storm I lost signal (mind you I was back about an hour on the DVR).. so I'm happily watching my show.. and boom the searching for satellite comes up.. can I go back/foward.. continue to watch the show I had saved up in the buffer.. NOOOOOOOOO..

I use to think dish was comparable to tivo, but I'm starting to dislike the dish software more and more..

/rant off

I don't even bother with the terrible OTA tuner in the 612. The tuner in my TV is so much better. I live in New York and OTA reception is pathetic here to begin with. With the 612 it is even worse. If I get a few pixels on my TV the picture usually stays but on the 612 if you get one pixel you the screen goes black and you get that annoying Error 739. It has a really bad cliff effect. Also I end up having random reboots when adding and removing channels and Acquiring Signal messages when I switch back and forth between OTA and Satellite. It is not worth it so I keep my OTA antenna hooked up to my TV and switch to OTA through my TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts