VIP612 Internet deafness

The Hopper DVR fee (without discount) is $15/mo, so I lose $8 there. 2 Joeys@$7/mo saves $6 compared to my 2 612's@$10/mo. Not a horrible increase/month. I'm just steamed :mad::mad::mad: that this is necessary to get something that used to work like gangbusters to work reliably at all. Boo hiss.

Do what I did to feel better.

What was that? Did you shoot out your TV? ;)
Check FiOS regular prices.

Finding FiOS regular prices is not easy considering I want Internet only, no blocked ports, and a static IP. I was on the phone with the sales Bozos for a long time, trying to get them to tell me which ports they block, and whether I could go with a regular residential account. They bobbed and weaved and I never got a straight answer, so I gave up on them again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I didn’t think you had the fiber at your place.

I have Internet and land line with FiOS for $108

I have 50/50 but I think the minimum installation today is 100/100 around here. For less money. For the first year or two, anyway.

I’ve had bad experience with Cox. YMMV. But you can’t beat FiOS for up time and no caps.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have Internet and land line with FiOS for $108

Thanks; that's not horrible. How much for static IP and no blocked ports?

Yes, after years of teasing me with fliers at least once/week saying FiOS is here (when it wasn't) they finally wired up my subdivision.

Does DIRT do Hopper upgrades? They seem rather disinterested...

Refreshing beverage, no?
:devilish

I seem to be missing the ref. :( I had a nice conversation with one DIRT member, but she is not offering even a suggestion, much less a guarantee, that the H3 won't suffer from the same problem my VIP receivers are suffering. I get error 789 most frequently. But when I don't, I get error 145 which is a "known problem" with the Hopper. Occasionally I can actually rent something. So, I am at an impasse.

Did I choke on that beverage?

I’m still shocked that Navy hasn’t made the jump yet. Will rock your world. Got some Grape Koolaid if I can have ten minutes of your time(eerily similar to how my recruiter got me in the Army).