VIP612 OTA Tuner

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
I'm a technomoron compared to most of you guys, however I have a few questions about my new 612 DVR. The OTA tuner seems to have gone bad. It was working before but i did notice some irregularities with it. It would rapidly drop off in signal and cut out and then return. Now it does not work at all. When I use the tuner in my SONY KDL 40V2500 40" 1080P the channels are as strong as ever. The weird thing is that I have my amplified antenna hooked up to the VIP612. Previously when it worked and I had my locals incorporated into the guide I'm pretty sure that the OTA connection went from the DVR to the TV through the HDMI cable. When I plug a cable into the TV set out port on the 612 to the TV I can receive my OTA routed through the 612 but using the tuner in the SONY with a different TV input. My question with this is in the 612 user guide it labels this TV set out port as an audio and video connection for standard-definition, yet I am clearly receiving a high-definition signal. Is this a typo in the users guide? Even when the DVR is off the signal appears to be routed through the DVR but using the SONY tuner. Is that normal? Being ignorant about this technology, I just want to confirm that it is not possible to record content on the 612 using the SONY tuner. Is that correct? I went around and around with foreign tech support. Eventually they scheduled a technician to come out this weekend because they could not grasp what I was talking about with the OTA tuner. Thanks for any input!

First make sure ur receiver HD settings are set to air not cable! I've found that if it's set to cable it will not pick up some channels for some reason. Then rescan for locals, if that doesn't work unplug ur amp for ur antenna and retry if that doesn't work then ur ota tuner is bad and u will need to call and get a replacement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)