VIP612 Video/Audio Glitches

hcomputers

Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte
I have (3) 612's since February. I have been having sporadic problems with my recordings on (satelitte HD and local channel hd via satelitte) The problem is every now and then the recording freezes for a second then continues. Sometimes audio skips, other times not. The dish people first blamed the HDMI cable and switched me to component and the problem continued. I know that it is not the actual recording because it happen while watching it record live one time. The fact that all 3 units are doing this seems to rule out the 612. I never had these problems with the 508's I had prior to the upgrade. Now they said that it was because I have all 3 units connected to APC Back-ups and that they are receiving too much power at times and that causes the unit to record erratically. The 508's were also connected to the same UPS's. I have connected them to the wall and tested that idea out and my recordings still freeze. I just had them switch me over to the Eastern arc from the western arc and still had a problem. I rehooked them back up to the UPS and am back to using HDMI. They did say there was some voltage in the cable line, but within the limits they allow. Is there anything to remove voltage from cable lines? Any other ideas as to why I am having these problems? Dish has been here 4 times and cannot locate the problem. It usually happens at night and always on HD channels, somtimes htere are pixelation problems. They are all hooked to PLasma 50" Displays.

Bizarre. Does the audio also stop during a video freeze? Does this occur in recordings at a reproducible place?

I have had pixelation, audio stops only, and video/audio stops but never a video stop with audio continuing. It is like someone hitting the pause button quickly but skipping 1 second then unpausing. On a few recordings, not many, the pixelation lasts most of the recording once it starts. I chalk that up to a bad transmission unless somoene tells me they are related to the freezing problmes.

My 612 occasionally will have the freeze on playback, it happens during fast forward, it usually last for 15-30 seconds and resumes playing, occasionally the picture will turn pink, I have never had it freeze on normal playback, it has happened maybe 6 times in six months, haven't seen this happen lately, but sure as I say that it will happen.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts