HD reception problem advice...

Rackman

Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Palatine, IL
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and need some advice as to my next step with the problem I'm having.

A few months ago we upgraded our SD Dish receiver to an HD VIP622. Everything was fine for about a week and then we started experiencing terrible pixelation problems only on the HD channels...primarily, the local channels. It was so bad, the picture looked liked an abstract painting. After a few calls to Dish tech support, they sent out a tech. It took him over 2 hours to finally just give us a new receiver...a VIP722.

Now, same problem, different symptoms. Instead of the picture pixelating, the screen just goes completely black for about a second or two. If I rewind to before the "blackout", the image is then there and plays fine. I can see what was originally blacked out so this tells me the signal is coming in. Again, this only happens on HD channels but not only limited to my locals as before. Now, all my HD channels are affected.

I wanted to get some advice here as to how I should approach Dish with this continuing problem. Every time I call them, they just have me reset the receiver and run a switch test.

Is there some "higher up" tech support I should be asking for when I call?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Joe

If the rewind reveals the data is recorded, it sounds like a problem with the receiver itself, not the dish or wiring.

Another possiblilty is you have an OTA channel that is popping in and out disrupting the receiver's normal mode. Check signal strengths on OTA channels. This problem usually interrupts you with a yellow screen, but I'd check it anyway.