Vip612

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I've been watching my bedroom 32" sharp LCD via a vip612 remotely mounted. I do this via (2) CAT5e cables and CAT-HDMI adapter plates and a RF remote. For a year or so all has been fine.
I recently been experiencing a problem where my TV will flash/flicker white and sometimes my screen will go all white. I then toggle between HDMI ports and it works...for awhile. The only thing differently is I installed a new Apple TV connected by HDMI at the TV.

Can a TV handle 2 HDMI inputs? Would the Apple effect my dish input or is it a coincidence? I haven't rebooted my dish receiver yet.

Thanks

I have personally not experienced any such HDMI problem with either of my 612's. TVs generally handle multple HDMI inputs just fine. Some sets have automatic switches; some require you to fumble with your remote until you switch inputs. Are you using an outboard HDMI switch? Does this happen when you leave the Apple TV off?

no external switch, I have to switch inputs at the TV to watch SAT or ATV.

Can't turn a ATV off but I have unplugged the HDMI and the TV still flickers. I think its in the TV and not the 612 because when the TV goes to white I switch HDMI inputs and it works

I've seen HDCP issues over HDMI going to a Westinghouse computer monitor. These manifested themselves as a black screen, not white. Perhaps your TV gives you a "white out" when the copy protection goes awry? (I'm grasping at straws, here.) I fixed the HDCP problem with a better HDMI cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts