dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Just checking...
Festival Express: Film Fest
Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise; Rave
Montreux Jazz Festival 2005 Rave: : Audio Slave; Queens of the Stone Age; Eages of Death Metal; Apocalyptica
Queen: Live from Montreal:Rave
Fleetwood Mac: Soundstage-- Rave
Heart: Soundstage-- Rave
America: Soundstage
-- Rave
Martina Mcbride: Soundstage --Rave
George Jones: 50 Years of Hits-- Rave
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers: Soundstage -- Rave
Hard Days Night: --Rave

I know I have stuff from Monsters etc...

There must be a story behind that!

Just that I upgraded and bought some new receivers along the way since Voom went boom. Also lost many of my shows on my external hard drive that I had saved when I switched to the 922 last May. I had to transfer them to the 922 to be able to actually watch them ,because the 922 couldn't archive shows, till about a month ago, and some of them were lost in the process. Some of my saved Monsters hd movies were lost in the failed process. Needless to say ,this didn't make me love the 922 . The other bugs, glitches and the loss of promised features , made me swap that receiver out for the new 722k that I have now. LOVE the 722k . It just WORKS, without any problems. Without any baby sitting, or power rebooting on a daily basis like with the 922. I am now building up my archive external hard drive again ,since the 722k is rock solid.

I'm not sure if I have anything. (Not much hard drive space on a 622 before MPEG4!) If I do, it would be a concert from Rave. We STILL need a channel like Rave, because nobody else (other than occasionally HDNet) shows concerts without censorship or commercials. I wish Palladia would grow some gonads and at least stop the censorship.

My spreadsheet says I have:
4 FilmF Anatomy of a Murder, Long Day's Journey Into Night, Midnight Run, The Homecoming
8 Gllry Art Museums 2, Marlow at MOMA 2, The Private Life of a Masterpiece 3, Van Gogh's Van Goghs
8 Fngfu Hara-Kiri, Yojimbo, Tales of Ugetsu, Onibaba, Sanjuro, The Hidden Fortress, The Sword of Doom, Samurai 3
1 Mnstr The Day the Earth Stood Still (original)
20 Wor City of God, Ran, High and Low, Viridiana, Children of Heaven, My Voyage to Italy, Kwaidan, The Bad Sleep Well, Blue, The Vanishing, Amarcord, Mephisto, Mon Oncle d'Amerique, Pépé le moko, A Taste of Honey, Purple Noon, The Nasty Girl, White, Behind the Sun, I'm Not Scared
I have replaced 10 others or more over the years with "smaller" versions--most in Monsters.
Although they are MPEG-2 some/all were 720p so they are not that big and more recent aren't any better.
Now I should see to seeing all of these.
-Ken

I've got one episode of UFO from Family on a 622 that unfortunately, is on it's last legs. I hated to see Voom go. It was a nice alternative with high quality resolution.

Before we moved to our VIP722 a couple of years ago I still had LOTS of Voom content recorded. I think the oldest thing on our DVR is Christmas programs from last year.

I will have to look at my EHD. I know I have the Peter Cetara Soundstage show...

I wish I had the old VOOM HD Sideshows... those were great! :)

I took a quick look at my (incomplete) list, but I still have WELL over 50 recordings from VOOM. Most are movies from Film Fest, VOOM Movies, Monsters and Kung Fu, but there are a handful of art/opera shows from Gallery, food/dining from Ultra and some soccer from World Sport. All of these were recorded with a R5000, so they're not going to disappear :D

Many Many Monsters HD movies saved on Blu-ray 1080i and one 500gb full but cant axx untill someone can open the encripted files due to my leaving dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only concerts for me:
Alice Cooper at Montreux Jazz Festival
Deep Purple Live From Montreux 2006
David Gilmore-Live at Royal Albert playing mostly Pink Floyd Songs.
All from Rave and commercial free.:)

Tons of "Later with Jools Holland." I can't stand the SD currently airing on Ovation.
Artland (S)"
Several goofy, niche films such as "Rhinoceros" that are still worth a look that aired on Voom's suite of movie channels.
Several Operas
More content that I can't recall, but I have nearly a full 750MB of Voom content.

I went through my 2 EHDs and could only find "Queen and Paul Rodgers" from Rave. I guess Voom went away prior to my buying EHDs. Doing the search made it more obvious that Dish needs to extend the my groups assigning to the EHDs. Just having groups by title of program is very limiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts