VIP612DVR setup problems

Bruckyboo

Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Jamaica
Hi, I'm seeking some help getting my new 612 going.
My initial setup was 4 VIP211K with SW44 switch, running only 110 & 119 Sats. New york address.
Now i have the 612DVR and it took me some time to get to the signal window as i had trouble getting past the download screen.

To get it activated i connected the 612 only, using the DP plus separator switches & 2 DP dual LNB, it only registered 119 sat.
The tech said its all good to go and i do see it on the account but there is no picture. Onscreen all i have is the 'not activated' message showing the R00 and S00 #s.

What i have: several DP pro dual LNBs, One 1000.4 E arc turbo LNB, One DP34 switch, One SW44 switch, 4 DP separators, One VIP612, Four VIP211K.

I want to get all boxes running, need some setup info.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

You don't want the DPP separator in there! If you want to try and activate your receiver with the sats you have, you can probably do so using legacy equipment. But it would be helpful to plug both tuners of your 612 into the SW44, in order to do so. Dual tuner receivers don't like it when one tuner is unplugged.

To get a 612 and 4 211's going together, you're going to have to use a switch you don't have yet. You will need a DPP44, which is the only switch capable of turning off the internal switch inside the 1000.4 LNB. Even that won't be enough because you need 5 outputs, and a DPP44 only has 4. You could cascade your future DPP44 with your DP34 and plug the 211 receivers into the latter.

You can get a 612 running on legacy equipment but you need to run two lines from you switch one for each tuner. A seperator will only work with the newer DPP technology.

To get a 612 and all 4 211 you would need a second switch regardless of set up. Switch only powers four tuners max and you have 6

Oryou would need a second dish. The older set up with the sw44 for your 211s and a new one your 612

Sent from my Nexus 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)