VIP622 Activation question, dish is trying to force me to get HD dish

goodman

Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Texas
I appreciate the input here as I'm totally ticked off and willing to jump ship to another provider.
Bought a zero balance VIP622 from a friend leaving town. Tried to add it to my account, but Dish is saying that it is mandatory to get dish 129 installed in order to activate VIP622. I do not have an HD TV and I do not want to. I just want to use my VIP622 for its cool features. Is this true? or should I try to escalate it within dish to get my VIP622 activated on my single definition pacakge?

Try to add it online ? Go to Dish's website, login to your account, hardware link...

I presume you're calling in.

I don't see how they can force you to any of that. Customers no longer have to subscribe to HD programming with an HD receiver so I can't see why you can't have this receiver without pointing at 129.

i have a 722 , no hd, bitch, bitch, ask for supervisor, call till you get a american this is bs...

I tried to get a DIU 722 (for my 625) and she told me no--need the HD equipment (dish/switches,etc) even if you don't want HD...computer won't allow them to do otherwise.
go to higher department , they let me get 1 with no hd

If it is an owned receiver, you should easily be able to push to have it activated without the 129 satellite present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)