VIP622 and OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I had my 622 installed today and everything "appears" to be working fine. I have my locals on my OTA and it has scanned them all. But when I look at the guide it lists for instance my Fox as 68-00 and 68-01. Now my HD is 68-01, why does it list 68-00 also? I have locals through Dish also but they are in the 7000's. My 942 never listed it like this and now when I put in 68, it automatically goes to 68-00. Does anyone else notice this with an OTA? How can I delete them from the guide? I can select from guide to "all HD" but thats a pain to keep going back and forth. Thanks.

68-00 and others with -00 are dish suppled locals, just appearing at two locations in the guilde. If you don't want them there, go into the menu screen where you added your OTA, select Sat Locals and diable them. Only your OTA will appear at the mapped down location.

Thanks guys for the info. My 942 didn't have that so I was surprised to see it. I will go into the sat locals and delete them.

Keep in mind - if you keep these in the guide, will give you more options for recording shows. If you're using your OTA tuner to record an OTA Local Network show, you may want to record another Local Network show off the Satellite provided locals at the same time.

That's really the only reason I leave my **-00 channels in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)