ViP622 Audio/Home Theater Advice

StacMaster-S

Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Hi! Just signed up for the forums, I've been reading them for a few weeks now.

I've been trying to do some research... I'm a relatively new 622 subscriber, and my current home theater system won't work with the 622 remote (also it sucks in general), so I was looking for some recommendations on a good receiver or home theater system that is also fully compatible with the 622 remote.

It seems like the 622 doesn't support many systems, but I figured at least a few people out there have found equipment that works ok.

Thanks!

When you say fully compatible what do you mean? There are tons of systems that work with the 622 (ie on/off, volume, input), but the 622 remote isn't going to have the right buttons to control the more advanced functions of most receivers. If it is a 1 remote system you are looking for you should probably look to change the remote. Look at the Harmony remotes. They get good reviews from real users. Also, it is impossible to answer your question about recomendations because you don't tell us your budget and typical use.

Ah, I failed at my first post. -_-;

Really, all I'm looking for is a system that can do on/off and volume. Normally I'd assume I could pick up any major brand and get it to work... but from a few threads I've read on a couple AV forums, it seems like there's no guarantees.

Of course right now I have a shoddy BestBuy "Insignia" brand... which is so cheap I can't even get it working with the code search... but somehow that doesn't surprise me.

And I should have specified my price range... definetly budget. I'm not really interested in spending more than $250. I'm really not picky on sound, in fact, I'd be more than happy to stick with the Insignia home theater unit as far as sound quality... but I'm probably going to pick up a decent upscale DVD player so I may as well give the Insignia set the boot.

When you say fully compatible what do you mean? There are tons of systems that work with the 622 (ie on/off, volume, input), but the 622 remote isn't going to have the right buttons to control the more advanced functions of most receivers. If it is a 1 remote system you are looking for you should probably look to change the remote. Look at the Harmony remotes. They get good reviews from real users. Also, it is impossible to answer your question about recomendations because you don't tell us your budget and typical use.

Not a failure, just needed more info ;) At 250 buck I'm honestly not sure. I'm going to have to let someone else chime in on that one. Sorry.

Hi! Just signed up for the forums, I've been reading them for a few weeks now.

I've been trying to do some research... I'm a relatively new 622 subscriber, and my current home theater system won't work with the 622 remote (also it sucks in general), so I was looking for some recommendations on a good receiver or home theater system that is also fully compatible with the 622 remote.

It seems like the 622 doesn't support many systems, but I figured at least a few people out there have found equipment that works ok.

Thanks!

I think you are asking wrong question , what you should really do is buy good remote (Harmony with DVR functions) instead of buying receiver which will work with 622 remote. Also most av receivers receivers comes with good remote but I still believe if you want simple solution for now buy harmony remote.

Like http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/details/750464561 seems like as good deal :)

Or find a cheap IPAQ and turn it into a HT remote. That's what I did. But the HARMONY is a good remote too.

THe 622 remote will work with my Harmon Kardon AVR 7200, but that is out of your price range.

YOu may also look in the 622 manual(online) and find some brands that are listed, or borrow a 622 remote and hit the local CC or BB. (Just a thought) not feasible tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts