VIP622 Audio Popping

gregjsmith

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Rio Rancho, NM
In the last month or so I have been getting some audio popping on my VIP622. It will often send my receiver into overload. I am connected via optical.

Usually changing channels will stop it.

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere so I am thinking it's just a problem with my DVR.

More

Please sir can we have some more Like more info on the setup that you have. The info you supplied is a bit sparse. Need info like the receiver but sound most likely the DVR is starting to go down hill. Transfer shows to ext HDD and get ready to call dish for replacement.

Have you tried another optical cable? Sounds like it could be a problem with your AV receiver.

I have a similar problem. I have a 722 hooked to my TV via HDMI. Intermittently, I get a screen flash and popping audio every few seconds, accompanied by what I call sparkles all over the screen. It only happens once in a while, but is very annoying. It does not happen when I switch the TV to antenna input, where I have rabbit ears hooked up, so I don't think it is the TV. Any thoughts, anyone?

I have started having similar issues on my 722 as well. It is more audio drop out than popping - and it is not always happening. I have mine hooked up via component and red and white RCA cables for the audio - so the issue is not limited to HDMI and optical. I assumed it was signal loss from the sat that was brief enough to only affect the audio.

Last edited:
The dropout is a documented issue that E* is aware of.

I get the popping sometimes on one of the local channels but when I switch to OTA it's still there so I generally assume it on the broadcasters end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)