vip622 freezing up and resetting

622 stb reboot

I don't think what I've seen, and what others have seen is an intermittent problem. My receiver was rebooting at 3 minutes after the hour, every four hours, like clockwork. This started with a 622, continued with a refurb 722, then a new 722k and now a second 722k. If I disconnect the ethernet, the reboots stop. If I reconnect, the reboots recur. What really convinced me was a thread in dishsupport.com where a guy in LA had reboots at 8:03 PST, a guy in Denver had reboots at 9:03 MST, and mine occur at 10:03 CST. All of us have them repeat every 4 hours. All of us stopped the problem by disconnecting the ethernet.

I contacted DISH broadband support and gave them this information. The tech I spoke with was unaware of this problem, but agreed to pass the information on. Maybe this will get a solution started.

THIS REBOOT PROBLEM CONTINUES FOR ME AND IS INDEED STOPPED WHEN I DISCONNECT THE ETHERNET. NIGHTLY I DISCONNECT THE ETHERNET WHILE I'M WATCHING/RECORDING, THEN RECONNECT BEFORE BED. WHY IS THE ETHERNET REQUIRED BY DISH AND WHAT HAPPENS IF I NEVER RECONNECT IT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts