vip622 - Guide pops up on its own

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PTVC

TROLL
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
USA
The last two nights, when I was the only person awake in the house, the guide has popped up on my vip622, as if someone had the remote and was browsing the guide. Its weird. I live in a rural area and the houses are not close enough for it to be a remote address conflict. Do I have a ghost in my house, or is there some simple explanation?

The last two nights, when I was the only person awake in the house, the guide has popped up on my vip622, as if someone had the remote and was browsing the guide. Its weird. I live in a rural area and the houses are not close enough for it to be a remote address conflict. Do I have a ghost in my house, or is there some simple explanation?

Did it simply pop up, or did it pop up, and then move up and down as if somebody was checking channels? Maybe you have a tv2 hooked up and that person was doing it?

If it simply popped up, I would bet there's an issue with one of your remotes and a sticking button, or something sitting on the remote pushing the button. Perhaps you even have some universal remotes programmed for it that could have a stuck button?

Did it simply pop up, or did it pop up, and then move up and down as if somebody was checking channels?

Oh, it definitely pops up and the guide scroll as if someone is looking for something to watch. :eek:

Maybe you have a tv2 hooked up and that person was doing it?

The vip622 is not hooked up to another TV, and like I said, I was the only person awake in the house at the time.

If it simply popped up, I would bet there's an issue with one of your remotes and a sticking button, or something sitting on the remote pushing the button. Perhaps you even have some universal remotes programmed for it that could have a stuck button?

It is a new remote, new batteries too. No sticking buttons. Like I said, I first thought it was a remote address conflict, but since I was the only person awake in the house, and other houses are not close enough, I figured it had to be something else.

Hasn't happened since late Tuesday.

The receiver may be getting another UHF signal, if you have the remote antenna connected, try removing it. Or, you should try changing the remote address and see if problem continues.

Never considered the UHF antenna. I'll give that a shot.

If that doesn't work... maybe someone knows a good paranormal investigator? :D

Cue the Twilight Zone music. Next time it happens, pay attention to the program that the browsing stops on. If it's Ghost Whisperer, or similar, get the hell out! :D

Nah, you'd be surprised just how far those uhf remote signals can sometimes travel. So, it could very well likely be a neighbor. It's odd, because sometimes you can't get it to work from another room in your own house, yet a neighbor 300' away can! lol.

Just change the remote address on the uhf to something different than the default address, and it's solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)