ViP622 HD pixel loss

nate12o6

Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Hey guys,

I have searched the internet for an answer to this but surprisingly I could not find one.

Is anyone else having problems with pixel loss with the ViP622 when used with a Samsung DLP? It cuts off a good amount of the edges.

When i tested on a regular lcd tv everything looks great.

This has happend to me on 2 of my samsung dlp tvs.

Could this have something to do with 720 vs 768 resolution?

Its funny because when i plug my ota antenna (720 signal) directly into my tv there is no pixel problems as for ans the edges being cut off and then adjusted to fit the screen but when i plug it into the ViP622 the problem starts.

Any comments are appreciated! Thanks.

How are you connecting the 622 to the DLPs? I have had slightly different results with Component versus HDMI. I got slightly more overscan on the component connection (although the wrong color gamut on the HDMI). Also, do your Samsungs have a "JustScan" mode? If so, this will result in 1:1 pixel mapping.

Ted

Also, how do you have your 622 connected to your TV? Are you describing a situation where the picture doesn't go completely to the edges on 16:9 material (black bar all around the image), or is the picture going beyond the edge of the TV, similar to over or under-scan?

What output resolution (720p, 1080i) do you have set for the 622?

I have a 720p Toshiba DLP with a 622 connected by HDMI (running through my AVR) and have no problems.

With any luck, there's a simple solution for this, but more info will help...

I think it is a
HL-S5086W

but i cannt be sure. I am currently at work and i will update you when i go home for lunch.

Thanks for the quick reply!

If you can get HDNet, they often have an HD test pattern they put up on the screen to help you troubleshoot the overscan.....

There is even some humor there.... When they do the progression of smaller and smaller fonts.... the last few lines..... If you... can read this..... your display.... is better than ours.

I am connected with HDMI but i have also tried component and my ViP622 is set to 720p.

It is a situation that the picture goes beyond the edge.

I have never saw the justscan mode for my tv but i will look at the manuall when i get back home. Thank.

I am connected with HDMI but i have also tried component and my ViP622 is set to 720p.

It is a situation that the picture goes beyond the edge.

I have never saw the justscan mode for my tv but i will look at the manuall when i get back home. Thank.

Sometimes TVs automatically crop the image. Check your TV settings in the menu and see if cropping is enabled.

Just repeatedly press the P.SIZE button on the remote to cycle through the picture modes. Just Scan mode eliminates the software overscan but there will still be a little optical overscan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)