VIP622 keeps rebooting when I change channel that is on antenna

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
Hey Guys... Got a issue with my VIP622 rebooting itself when I switch to a anteena channel, which is programmed into my favorites, and has been for years.. If I unplug it for the 10 secs, Everything works great for awhile.. My antenna channels are showing 95/100% reception strength. Then all of the sudden I switch to a antenna channel it crashes the DVR and goes into reboot.. This seemed to have started during when they were having problems with the 129 . Not for sure if it is the cause of my problems though. It seem like my remote during this time has a major delay too. Like a 3 second delay everytime I push a button (batteries are new) I know my antenna is good , because I use the same antenna for another DVR in the house, and it's working great as I type. Anyone have any suggestions what the problem may be? I contacted dish a couple of times now..All the want me to do is unplug it for 10 secs, which solves the problem for awhile, but will act up again a few hours.

I will add that my other DVR in my office has never done this...

Yes.. works fine if I switch on other channels.. I even did a direct connect with the antenna, and does the same thing..so it's not a splitter problem or cable issue with the antenna. I think it's a receiver issue.

Last edited:
What model # is the office DVR that isn;t having a problem?

It's a Vip612 in the office. I just got off the phone with Dish..They sent me to a advance tech, and he never saw anything like this either he said. They're going to send a tech out tomorrow. I'll still take any advice and we'll see who gets it right.

Is it only certain OTA channels or is it any OTA channel? Do all of the channels have 95-100% strength?

Maybe try re-scanning the OTA channels?

They all don't have that full strength, which they really never did. Some TV antennas from the tv stations are a little further away and point other directions, so I've never had 95%/100% on all the stations...around 75% is the lowest I have. Yes..All the OTA channels are dead and will cause the DVR to reboot. We did the re-scan and does the same thing everytime. It works great for about 5 minutes and then I will lose all reception or it'll reboot the DVR.

Update: The tech came out and changed everything.. New receiver..New satellite outside..new wiring.. even upgraded me to a 722. I did ask him if all this was free, and he said yes. Dish even waived the $95.00 service call. To the cause of the problem..He said he didn't have a clue and in his ten years has never seen a receiver do this. They even gave me a free upgrade on my package for 24 months for free, and gave me free HD. I know they give it away for free anyways, but I could never get it for free before, because I have some speacial bundle with AT&T still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts