ViP622 L4.01 Update on Thursday (Again)

Make that 6:00am EDT tomorrow if you want in on this. I'm turning in the list of names at 8:00am MDT tomorrow. And, if you don't have a DBSTalk username, your SatelliteGuys username will be fine. Heck, I'm even turning in Scott's name... :)
Duh, thats two hours for mountain time.

I should know now as I am out there enough. :D

This should be...

..."interesting".

I'm still not sure if I've signed up for anything above and beyond the usual. I mean don't all of the upgrades come with a given amount of risk? ;)

request e-mailed.

Go with throttle up!

Dont worry about sending your info to Mark, I trust him.

That's what I like! A little cross-forum cooperation!
I also signed up to participate in the test. All it can do is help ALL of us!
I have two 622's, and hope to only test one, and see if a side-by-side comparison will help the programmers any.

Tom in TX

What funny is a few folks are still telling me 4.01 is being released on Thursday. I think I will go with Mark on this one.

If he didnt know whats was up he would not be doing all the legwork on this beta rollout.

Agreed, Mark is a good guy, you aren't going to get screwed by sending anything to him. I for one think this is a good thing. It is similar to what D* was doing with some of their new receivers. Mark, thanks for stopping by and letting the crew over here know. There is no reason that we can't all work together to make sure that this release works great for all.

Is there any reason not to sign up? Like previously stated, updates typically break something even if it's very minor. The joke is that we're all essentially beta testers anyway. Not to make a joke, but how would this be any different? It's not likely to trash my receiver any more that any other update would, right?

I love pioneers. And they are so easy to spot- by the arrows in their backs.

Make that 6:00am EDT tomorrow if you want in on this. I'm turning in the list of names at 8:00am MDT tomorrow. And, if you don't have a DBSTalk username, your SatelliteGuys username will be fine. Heck, I'm even turning in Scott's name... :)

Mark,

Thanks I signed up for the Beta Test as well. Hope I get a chance to see this new software.

Any idea when the IP port will be turned on so we can download HD movies.

John

I'm in. I am more than willing to help out as a beta tester. I already feel like a beta tester. I leased a 622 in March of 2006. Most of you know my pain. I am currently on my 3rd 622. I must say the old cliché is true. Third time is the charm. This one has been a tank!!!! Let’s hope this new release only enhances its attributes.

That's what I like! A little cross-forum cooperation!
I also signed up to participate in the test. All it can do is help ALL of us!
I have two 622's, and hope to only test one, and see if a side-by-side comparison will help the programmers any.

Tom in TX

Mark replied to my e-mail asking which of the two 622's I had submitted should be chosen. Only one receiver.

My hope was intesting the DishNet phone link via a/c between the two units.

...I guess this is for the best as my second 622 is used primarily by my wife to record her soaps and Martha Stewart. She'd kill me if I screwed that up. ;)

Actually that would be 10 am EDT, 9 am CDT, and 8 am MDT. 7 am for the west coast folks. Two hours difference but in the opposite direction.

I am tempted to turn in my info... but I am chicken. I kind of like how my 622 is working now ;)

So for you beta-testers... may god have mercy on your souls... er... 622s.. :D

I turned mine in. With the wife and son out of the house this weekend. This will give me a valid reason for watching Tv all weekend.

I just saw this, but I sent him my information anyways....hopefully I will be able to get in on this. If not, does anyone know when the full version will be released??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)