VIP622 not backwards compatable to model 6000

high def mon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Denver Metro
Hi All
In one swift stroke Dish has made my 720p $6K front projector pretty much worthless!
By not supplying a VGA output on the 622, 480p is the best I can get.
Is there a product that will take a component (RGB) and pass a 720p signal to VGA stile plug (which is the only type connector my projector will accept), I don't want a scaler.
Thanks in advance

Didnt front projectors go the way of the beta max back in the late 70's early 80's? We are talking about the same thing right? that funky lookin set up with the slightly concave screen and a three barrelled red green blue projectors that sat below the face of the screen? Last time I saw one of them was in 2000 when I was doing an install.

No Van, there are many very high end front projectors sold today. In fact there are even 1080p front projectors.

Didnt front projectors go the way of the beta max back in the late 70's early 80's? We are talking about the same thing right? that funky lookin set up with the slightly concave screen and a three barrelled red green blue projectors that sat below the face of the screen? Last time I saw one of them was in 2000 when I was doing an install.

Those CRT projectors are alive and well and doing quite nicely for many folks. Now, digital projectors are making their way into average homes. I watch all my favorite HD and dvds on a 90" screen and a 700 watt 5.1 surround system with a 300 watt subwoofer. There's nothing better!

Just imagine, this picture shows my screen that is 45" tall and 80" wide from my $850 HD projector!

IMGP2031.jpg

The room I have mine in only allows a 73" screen but I'm happy... Mitsubitsi HD1000U, Toshiba HD D1 HD DVD player, Htpc with Dvi out converted to Hdmi hooked to an D*H10, and wired to the livingroom and hooked to either my 921 or my 622 with a Replay box in the mix along with a Phillips divx dvd player and Jvc 110 watt 5.1 sound with a powered sub and shakers...(631 Hrs on the lamp and have had this since late November)

Wow! At 73" that Mits must be a light cannon! You must be able to pop that picture like nobody's business! My room gives me the same problem - 90" is the biggest I can get it, and at 9 feet away, that's big enough!

I got my Sony D-50 CRT projector almost 2 years ago for $465. Pulled out of a corporate board room in Dallas, tubes are very clean. Added a Samsung HDTV tuner and for less than $600 I had OTA HD.

Football is like looking through the window of a luxury suite.

The wife was not thrilled at first but the first time she saw the Tonight Show, she sat down and said, "It's almost like being there." Now she's hooked. Won't watch SD unless she has to.

So, we got a 57" Hitachi RPCRT for Christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts