VIP622 OTA Digital Channels and Program Guide Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

porkens

Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
North Dakota
Hi,
I've been using a VIP622 DVR for almost a year now. When I initially had the unit installed, there were two OTA digital signals in our area: the CBS affiliate, and the PBS affiliate. I was able to get both signals registered on the DVR (one CBS station, three PBS stations). The program information is available for the CBS affiliate in the program guide, and has been since it was added to the DVR; the program guide for the three PBS stations is not available, however -- the program guide just shows "Digital Service".

A week ago, our local NBC affiliate cut their OTA signal to digital, and I have now added it to the DVR. It, too, only shows "Digital Service" in the guide.

There are no local HD feeds for me to use via the Dish service (I live in northcentral North Dakota). I have the SD local feeds. My question is, why does the OTA CBS affiliate show program guide info, but the PBS and NBC affiliates don't? Is there some way I can request that this guide info be added to the Dish service?

Thanks.

because dish only carries the Minot CBS for the DMA the othe channels are the Bismarck channels so you only get the guide info for CBS (which is the one channel I dont get info for here in Bismarck) You can only get guide info for channels that DISH carries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts