ViP622 power resetting

usairdave

Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Does anyone know why my reciever keeps shutting down and restarting. If I unplug it from the wall I can get reception for a couple of minutes after restarting it, then the output goes out and an endless cycle of restart attempts by the reciever. This is a replacement unit from Dish for another that was doing the same thing. I even ran an extension cord to another wall electrical circuit that another reciever is pluged into and still have the problem with the 622. I have three other recievers and they are flawless. Dish said it is my house wiring. I had the other 622 for two years with no issues.
usairdave:confused:

A few possible causes, corosion of exterior connectors can cause it, so check those. Power passing through your ground source is possible, disconnect the ground wire from the block and see if the prob continues. Trace the cabling and check for pitts in the jacket and bite marks from animals. Sqirrels and rats love eating portions of coax in attics and crawlspaces.

Is it connected to a phone line. If so, leave phone line unhooked from box for a week and monitor stability. Seen too many phone lines sending 50 volts across the receiver chassis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)