VIP622 receiver, intermittent black screen on one sat tuner

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
VIP622 receiver, set to single user mode, only hooked up via component to an HD tv. One of my sat tuners at random will go to a black screen, and you can only hear the audio on that channel at those times. This is while I've got the guide up, and am checking out other channels to see what's on them. If you swap back and forth with the PIP feature, the other tuner has video and audio like it should. This has happened at random since I got the receiver back in October 2007. So, it's been through a couple firmware upgrades since then. This can happen at a moments notice, and there's no telling when it's likely to happen.

I haven't figured out the exact patterns to it yet, (if there are some) but the only way (so far) to get the video back, is to reboot the receiver. Of course that sucks, if you are recording something at the time. I forgot to check and see if a recording from the blacked-out tuner at that time live viewing doesn't have video, has video, but I'll check that next and let you know.

Anybody else seen this issue? Or anybody think of any other tests I can do to try to narrow down what's going on?

p.s. The 622 is hooked up to a DP34 switch that's located out at the dishes (one for 110/119 and another for 61.5), with a 100ft 2 cable run quad-shield 3ghz swept cable, with solid copper core.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)