VIP622 shared view greyed out

aaronwt6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
SE Georgia
Got a question for everyone. I've delt with alot of issues through the years but never seen this one. I have a VIP622 receiver here and it recently took the upgrade to L629. Upon doing that, my TV2 output no longer functions. I get a message saying shared view is disabled and it is stuck in single mode. If I press the mode button, it tells me that the service is not available at this time. If I go to the shared view in the menu, its greyed out and will not let me select it. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks gadgetguru63. I've actually been through all the basics. I install for Dish part time so I know all the tricks of the trade. I just thought maybe someone here may have an out of the box idea. What ticks me off is this was definately caused by the L629 upgrade. Everything worked fine on Tuesday. Got home from work Weds. and the receiver had taken the download Tuesday night. It automatically switched to single mode (I always run in dual for the feed to the bedroom), TV2 was disabled, and shared view is greyed out and unavailable. I also have a 722 on the account in another room and its still at L627 and works normally in dual mode. Hope its not in for the same senerio.

Oh, and I spoke to technical support and they are telling me the receiver will need to be replaced. I'd really hate to do this and lose all my recordings not to mention I know they caused this with the upgrade.

No, I wouldn't say 'singled out'. However I thought I would post this not only to see if someone could help but if anyone else had experienced the same problem. The receiver functioned normally until the upgrade. And regardless of whether I could have accidently changed the setting (which I didn't), there is no way to change it back now as you cannot even select the shared view in the menu. The cursor just skips right over it.

No, I wouldn't say 'singled out'. However I thought I would post this not only to see if someone could help but if anyone else had experienced the same problem. The receiver functioned normally until the upgrade. And regardless of whether I could have accidently changed the setting (which I didn't), there is no way to change it back now as you cannot even select the shared view in the menu. The cursor just skips right over it.
As I'm sure you already know, "Shared View" is grayed out in Dual Mode as it has no meaning.

While watching anything, push the Enter button and read what mode you are in on the left side of the screen.

The receiver is in single mode as shown on both the front of the unit, and in the banner when you change channels. The home distribution port as well as the TV2 AV outputs both display the dish logo with a message that says 'TV2 has been disabled in shared view'. While viewing TV1 if I open the front door on the receiver and hit the mode button I get a message that says 'This function is currently unavailable'. When the receiver functioned properly it would just switch right to dual mode and the TV2 light would illuminate on the front. Now I assume if I could re-enable shared view it would switch. However that's no longer an option.

Yep. Already been done. They said they will replace it. I really don't want to do that over a software issue but I guess its the only option.
Your insistence that the update caused the problem does not make it so. Might be something else as thousands and thousands of us have not seen the problem following the update.

Best of luck.

Your insistence that the update caused the problem does not make it so. Might be something else as thousands and thousands of us have not seen the problem following the update.

Best of luck.

Agreed. Regardless of the cause, I now basically have a 612 receiver in a 622 case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)