VIP622 SHUTS DOWN

GIBSON229

Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
I AM ON MY FOURTH VIP 622 RECEIVER. I HAVE EXPERIANCED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ALL OF THEM. WHILE ON TV1, THE RECEIVER WILL SHUT OFF. YOU CAN HEAR THE HARD DRIVE ON BUT ALL OF THE LIGHTS ARE OFF. IF YOU SIT THERE, THE LIGHTS WILL RANDOMLY COME ON. IF YOU ARE LUCKY, YOU WILL GET THE GREEN, BLUE AND YELLOW TO COME ON. BEFORE THE SATILLITE IS CHOSEN, YOU WILL HAVE A RECEIVER SHUT DOWN AGAIN. IT WILL NEVER STOP ONCE IT STARTS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? NO HEAT, HAVE TRIED ALL OF NETWORKS IDEAS AND THEY KEEP SENDING NEW UNITS.:mad:

I AM ON MY FOURTH VIP 622 RECEIVER. I HAVE EXPERIANCED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ALL OF THEM. WHILE ON TV1, THE RECEIVER WILL SHUT OFF. YOU CAN HEAR THE HARD DRIVE ON BUT ALL OF THE LIGHTS ARE OFF. IF YOU SIT THERE, THE LIGHTS WILL RANDOMLY COME ON. IF YOU ARE LUCKY, YOU WILL GET THE GREEN, BLUE AND YELLOW TO COME ON. BEFORE THE SATILLITE IS CHOSEN, YOU WILL HAVE A RECEIVER SHUT DOWN AGAIN. IT WILL NEVER STOP ONCE IT STARTS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? NO HEAT, HAVE TRIED ALL OF NETWORKS IDEAS AND THEY KEEP SENDING NEW UNITS.:mad:
Same thing for me- rewired my house(move);), and sent me new(re- manufactured) unit- been ok since

4 is pushing it, even for dish remans. Sounds like you may have a electrical or grounding issue. Test out your outlets and make sure there is no stray voltage anywhere. You can also plug in the receiver to another outlet using a extension cord to see if that solves the problem. Sounds like your 622 now is again toast though.

I've had certain receivers where they sent me out three and still had problems, I went with a different model number and no more problems for years. I think most likely Dish Network's reman receivers are the problem.

If you are under a contract for taking a receiver that keeps failing does that mean that you do not have to be under that contract anymore if the receivers they keep shipping you keeps failing if that receiver is the reason for your contract?

I am experiencing the perpetual rebooting issue with my VIP622. I have left my 622 off over night and am able to get about 15 minutes of operation before the rebooting loop issue starts. I have read through many threads about this problem, so I contacted Dish today. After much discussion, they are upgrading me to a new VIP722. My question is whether I can physically connect my hard drive from the 622 to the new 722 to try and archive my shows to my EHD? I have quite a few that I have yet to move to my USB drive and would like to somehow save them. Any options available would be very much appreciated.

I am experiencing the perpetual rebooting issue with my VIP622. I have left my 622 off over night and am able to get about 15 minutes of operation before the rebooting loop issue starts. I have read through many threads about this problem, so I contacted Dish today. After much discussion, they are upgrading me to a new VIP722. My question is whether I can physically connect my hard drive from the 622 to the new 722 to try and archive my shows to my EHD? I have quite a few that I have yet to move to my USB drive and would like to somehow save them. Any options available would be very much appreciated.
There should be no problem. The EHD activation is by account, not receiver ID. Just to play it safe, write down the Household Key on the 622. When the 722 is activated, it should have the same key. Check it and if not call India:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)